Saturday, October 20, 2012

Life and Art

 
It has been a while since my last posting. Life has taken me on a journey that I had not planned but has taught me a lot about who I am and what I can do. I am glad to get back to some of the things I love and this piece is a current SWAP I was able to participate in at Paper Traders Group

This SWAP was a Rusted Autumn Tin. I need to be better about taking pictures along the creation. However, there is tutorial on the group page on how to rust tin. It was a fun to learn. This is an Altoids tin lid. Once the rusting was done; I added in the objects for an autumn theme. The pumpkin and leaves are from a Starbucks VIA coffee package for the pumpkin spice. It was the perfect little item for this piece. I also made paper rolls to fill in the bottom. I layered buttons to add a little vintage touch. So the piece could be hung up, I used the fun yarn that has little tuffs of thread that looks like leaves.

It is nice to be creating again. Hope that I can reconnect with people and wishing all a wonderful weekend.

No comments: