Friday, September 20, 2013

Art on a Friday

 
Taking some time off work is heaven! I have lots planned to do while away, and a few art projects are on the top of my list.

Here are my pages for Michelle as part of our art journal swap. For her pages, she requested cool colours, greens, blues, purples. I had so much fun with this theme.

Layers of color and gesso was the start. Then stamped over with a script stamp. Also though hard to see I added scraps of book pages and then blended them in.

The flowers are a new stencil I just purchased. There are three sets and they are all background patterns. I used gesso to form the flowers. After it dried, I sponged a light shade of lavender ink for the petals and used a golden orange paint pen to create the centers.

The edges are purple paint lines with penned dots.

Just a few finishing touches and I will be sending this off. I am really having fun making pages for this swap over at Paper Traders Yahoo Group

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend.

No comments: