Saturday, September 4, 2010

Challenge Finders Keepers


Here is my first challenge entry on inspiration-avenue weekly, Finders Keepers . I am stepping out of my comfort zone! The challenge was to find something and then incorporate it into your art. Well, I work downtown and have to use metered parking if I drive in. To say the least it is expensive and hard to find some days. This week walking into the office, I found a parking ticket on the ground.. NOT MINE.. :) And I thought it is hard to find a spot (usually only good for a few hours) and so you have to keep moving or you WILL get a ticket. It can be quite the adventure sometimes.. Then it clicked to me, that is what life is all about!! The experience is the value and you live life to the fullest by moving on and not staying still.. I am guilty of staying still in parts of my life.. would have gotten a parking ticket!! Hahaha.. but learning that I can move now and enjoying life to it's fullest! I am very thankful for my family and their loving support of my new parking spots!! http://inspiration-avenue-team.blogspot.com/2010/08/weekly-challenge-30th-august-to-5th.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2Finspiration-avenue+%28Inspiration+Avenue+-+blog%29

5 comments:

Shelinwa said...

Welcome Amanda HOW FUN that you joined us and thank you for visiting my blog too. I Love blogging am involved in 10 blogs yikes huh!! Pics by Shel is my more active one.

WrightStuff said...

Welcome to the challenge and what a great piece to kick off with! I have to say I was quite moved by the message behind it. I just watched the film letters to Juliet - which is about 'what if...' and having courage to grab what you want. Since I turned 40 earlier this year I have been reflecting on my life a great deal... I think we're all guilty of standing still too long every now and again. Here's hoping we always keep on step ahead of those parking tickets!
Warm wishes to you. Lisa

artangel said...

Thanks for taking part in the challenge - love your submission! What a great message to be found in a parking ticket, just shows how meaning can be found in everyday things if we can just learn to look in the right way!

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

beautiful story behind this piece -so glad you decided to join in on the fun!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This is perfect for the challenge. Your life experience you shared made the art even more enjoyable. Welcome to the challenge.