Saturday, April 23, 2011

Inspiration Avenue Angel


It has been awhile but I was able to have some creative fun this week. This week's theme at Inspiration Avenue is Angels. I really wanted to participate as I feel that I have been blessed by my guardian angel and really had some ideas of what she would look like. I started with a angel stamp. Then I began embellishing her. I covered the image with all kinds of paper scraps, shells, and beads. Her arm sleeve is music paper as I LOVE music, I love to sing (not very good) so my guardian angel knows when I am loosing my way she wraps her arms around me and reminds me that through music I find great joy. Then her wings are made with broken shells as she knows that the ocean gives me much peace. She has a brown brad in her hair as one of my favorite embellishments and ribbon in her hands to help keep me wrapped in my faith. Her gown is hand-made papers with a beaded edge.  When I finished her, I added the boarder design. The final touch was adding the Madonna charm that I received as a gift from Lisa from Priti Studio when I was drawn as the Month winner at IA. I have wanted to add it to one of my pieces and this was the one for me.

This little piece is very special. I really enjoyed putting it together for the symbolisms and creative feel. I love that I now have a piece to remind myself that there is much love all around.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love all of the fun elements you included. The music sheet is so sweet.

Yvonne said...

So gorgeous, Amanda!

gma said...

Your guardian angel is sweet. Wonderful that you added all of those significant elements. I love finding out about the artist's intent. It makes the art more meaningful.Love yours.

Carola Bartz said...

Such a beautiful angel - I love how you included all the things that are important for you like music and the ocean (same here, btw). It turned out so beautiful.

Unknown said...

This is so wonderful, and I love how you layered so much personal meaning!

artangel said...

What a pretty angel! I also love how you've added elements personal to you, the music and shells and madonna charm. Rich with meaning!

Maggie said...

I love your whimsical angel, all of the elements you've added make her very special. It's so nice to read the process involved in creating art!

Kat W said...

I'm so glad you joined in with this week's IA. I love your collage guardian angel and that every element told a story and held meaning. She is beautiful in appearance and soul. This is really special. Will you frame her and hang her in a prominent place as a constant comforting reminder? I would. You've inspired me to want to create positive affirmation storytelling art like this.
Thanks for sharing.
Kat X

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I was in love with this beauty when I first saw her, then when I read all the symbolism attached to this angel, I was even more impressed. What a beautiful angel, and what a way to affirm your feelings.