Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Shh... Don't tell anyone


I am at home today. I took yesterday and today off from work. I just needed a break from the hectic pace. I will check in later, I can't leave it alone but for now I am having fun. Right now I am home alone and it is wonderful.. (maybe not a nice thing to say but it is so relaxing!) I have been working on a project that I started back in January or so. This is a Stampington & Co. 2010 calendar that I got so late in the year and I loved the pictures so much that I am changing it to a 2011 calendar and then embellishing the new pages. Finished June today.

I added butterfly stamps to this month. I stared by smearing gesso to the page and then brown ink to age it. For dimension, I added layers of scrap cardstock and ribbon. I love making the little roses on the bottom (not sure the photo shows it well). Then stamped butterflies and a dragonfly or two.

This is May, I just finished it over the weekend. This month I wanted to use a flower theme but something different. So I thought of abstract ones. I used my punches and edgy scissors. I love using scraps by looking at the shape and see what it leads my mind to.

So May is my tribute to Pablo Picasso!!  Haha.. My favorite flower is the tulip-like one on the bottom. I had cut the blue and the other paper for another layer and they landed on top of each other and it look like a flower to me. Putting these together is so much fun and relaxing that time just flies by and it is times like this that I wish I did not need sleep!

No comments: