Monday, May 30, 2011

Day of Memories, Memorial Day



I completed another month in my calendar and the month is July. Since the 4th of July is a fun celebration for my family, I wanted to do a red, white, and blue theme. I love the top picture with the heart. It gives a feeling of love and the tag with kindness, beauty, truth are great reminders for me and my love of my country.

And then today is a national holiday in United States observed on the last Monday of May, formerly known as Decoration Day, commemorating U.S. soldiers who died while in the military service.  And in reading today, I found that it was first enacted to honor Union soldiers of the American Civil War. It was extended after World War I to honor Americans who have died in all wars. I honor those who have served our country so that I can live free. I believe that those who have given the ultimate sacrifice deserve my thoughts and prayers forever. There is a song on right now called "If Heaven weren't so far Away" by Justin Moore. The lyric that hits home for me is "Losing them wouldn't be so hard to take. If heaven wasn't so far away." Wishing all a beautiful Memorial Day and would hope some day that War is something that our children only knew of in their history books!

No comments: