Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Thrift Store Finds

My sister and I went over to a store near her house. Looking for vintage things that I can use in my art is new for me.  I am learning to look for things not as what they were but as what they can be.


We found these books.

One book is from 1949 on Trees. The cover is so cool. The pages have pictures and items that are interesting. I am still trying to get used to the idea of altering or riping pages. The other book has American Painting. I love early American history and I love the art work with it. I remember as a young girl seeing the picture of George Washington crossing the Delaware and was intrigued by the emotion it evoked. This book has some great paintings and information on the artist. The other book is an encyclopedia A to Ameri. Love the pictures and items included. This will be a good book to alter. Another book is a children's book on the United States. Very interesting. Lots of projects from these.

1 comment:

Erin in Morro Bay said...

I love thrift stores! And swap meets and flea sales and antique street faires! Always lots of great stuff to add to the stash. Library book sales are wonderful places to find books for altering and/or making journals. One of the perks of working in the library for me is that I get first crack at all the discarded books!
Erin