Friday, January 21, 2011

Unbelievable


I know that it is a cliché but I REALLY cannot believe that 23 years ago today my life was changed forever. My baby girl turns 23 today. Happy Birthday Katie Kate!! I was so nervous and had not a CLUE of what I was doing back then. However, I remember on the day she was born and all the family and friends that had come to visit us in the hospital had gone home, we were there alone. I held her in my arms and cried a few tears of joy. I could not believe this precious baby girl sleeping in my arms was part of my life. How could God let me be responsible for something so wonderful? But in the quiet of that moment, I knew that I would love and cherish her and we would be alright.

FAST FORWARD… 23 years later. She is an awesome young woman now and still amazes me. I look forward to the next 23 years! I never knew that my love for a person could grow so much but it did! I have a few tears in my eyes today but just like back then it is tears of joy and thankfulness that I have been a part of the journey with her. OH and by the way.. maybe say a prayer for me. My present to her today is to go on her run this morning. Now, she will be running but I could never keep up with her so I am on my bike. I know I will be sore tomorrow.. AGH.. what was I thinking when I gave her this gift.. haha.. I love every minute of it.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET KATIE, LOVE YOU.

No comments: