Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Overload of thoughts


A few weekends ago we went up to Lake Tahoe, North Shore for a one night trip. It was a beautiful, simple trip and we did a little hiking too. The first night we were able to just get over to the lake before the sun set. I started to draw with my graphite pencils and then later added in the watercolor pencils. I am having fun drawing perspectives. The other thing is that I used my Maui journal. So I think I need to rename the journal as it is now has lots of areas. Oh well.. How do you keep your journals?? I think I would like to make more journals!

 

Now here is a camera view of the lake. Before we left, I took a picture at the same spot. The camera catches alot of shading. This is fun to see from the camera veiw compared to my drawing. So much to learn...

2 comments:

Erin in Morro Bay said...

The photo is nice, but I like your drawing much better!

Darla said...

This is a great drawing!

Darla