Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday Red, White, and Blue


Here is a card I created this weekend.  This card is also for a challenge over at (2 Cute Rubber Stamps) with a theme of Red, White & Blue. I am still playing with the micro beads. It is tricky finding a good glue that will hold them permanently! Finding clear super adhesive tape is working better. Used silver for the stars and red beads for the firecracker. Used strips of red solid card stock with stamped hearts and the gingham type paper (reminded me of tablecloths on a picnic) for the base. Then created a firecracker and added the white cardstock label with "Happy 4th" with rub-on letters. Then for the flame, I used some yellow tissue paper with clear beads.




This being a holiday weekend, I am very thankful for the extra day to spend some creative time. There are several projects I want to work on. As it is Sunday, this is my top 5 thankful things.

1. Air conditioning, as it will be in the 100's today (UGH)
2. The beauty of nature
3. Finding some old things that I did not remember having
4. Appreciation of the learning process
5. Knowing that patience is what I need

1 comment:

Kat W said...

What a beautiful vibrant sparkling card!! I love a bit of glitz and colour. Fab :-)

I love that you do a Sunday list of things to be grateful for; I think it's a lovely practice to develop.

Kat Xx