Friday, July 29, 2011

Walk this way

 So on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I go the other direction for my walk at work. I leave my office and head east. This is the direction into Midtown. The cool part of  this area is all the Victorian homes. Lots now have been converted into flats and are multi-family homes. I love the unique architecture of an era gone by of big front steps, a front porch for sitting on the ground and second story .

 This is another favorite midtown treat, the corner store. This is so cool with the bottom converted into a store and the home above.

Too close but another old Victorian. The beautiful front steps and the three story layered porches make this a tall home. Not quite able to see in the picture but the three sided corner of the house has a window on each side. 


And there are so many along this walk but this two layer Victorian has the stylish front and the fanned out window on the second floor with such character.

Then the icing on the cake. This wonderful old Queen Anne Victorian with a turret on the one side with the gabbled front porch and columns. It could use some TLC but it is a wonderful home that I would like to walk through. But then I turn back toward the office. Everyday that I walk through this area, I get to dream of what it would be like to live in one of these old beauties.

1 comment:

Erin in Morro Bay said...

What a lovely, lovely walk to work! And such beautiful pictures. I love my ocean view drive up to Cambria from Morro Bay everyday, but I've always wished I could walk to work.
Erin