Thursday, April 4, 2013

Challenging myself more

 
 There is a lot of things that I want to learn and do. Being part of a wonderful art group has helped to push me in that direction. I belong to Paper Traders. This is a art journal we are doing with the group. We are given a monthly word prompt to create with. This is my Follow Your Heart for February.


 
This was a magazine collage swap with the group. I love to create and use new techniques. To make the shoreline and cliff. I used many magazine pages. Cut the pictures into slices and then reassembled them to create the page.

 
This was another swap to take an old photo and create "oddball Ancestors". I used stamped butterfly wings and embelished them with lots of stickle. The hat was from an stamp with the mad hatter. It was fun to think outside the normal way of using stamps. I created the background blending the background with paint and alcohol ink.

I want to create more, this was fun.

No comments: