Sunday, September 8, 2013

1st page in Ocean Art Journal


The 1st page of my Ocean Art Journal is coming along. I used lots of paint for the background. I added strips of book pages to give some layers. I kept adding gesso to blend the colors. To create the shore I used sea shell and starfish stamp, and added some real shells I have collected over the years.  Also used a wave stamp to add dimension for the ocean. I still want to create better edging but this is a good 1st page.

This quote came to me while I was working on the page and right now a process I am using a lot to get through work.

Lots to be thankful for this week and the top 5:

1. Even when I may feel that life is complicated, Art can soothe it all
2. My favorite hymn"The Summons" was the gathering song at Mass today
3. Stencils
4. Still working and know that each day I will do what I can
5. Everyday a new chance to try again

Have a wonderful week, Amanda

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the sentiment and your creativity. I have been thinking about art journaling and this is definitely inspirational.