Monday, September 2, 2013

A Labor Day of art


It has been awhile since I have added to my blog. I miss checking in and visiting other people I am following. But most important is that I have been doing some art and it is time to get back into the swing of things. I have been working on my art journal for my Tip-In project over at Paper Traders.

I was playing with some Alcohol Inks and gesso. The rings were made with gesso and a bottle top. The little circles were from a homemade stencil of punched out circles.

It needs some edging so still a work in progress.



 This is a page I made inside. I used crumpled paper bags for the pages. I liked the way the gesso and the paint made a textured look. The image on the left was some goodies given to me from one of my swap partners. They are a great group of people.

And then more circles and rings of gesso and white paint.


 Here is one of the pages I have received from my swap partners. This is Shelly. The pieces are sea glass from the Bahamas where she lives. TOO COOL! The edge is hard to see in the picture but is has some of the sea sponge from there too.

I love the colors and her beautiful coral art work. She added on the page a quote from Henry Wadsworth Longfellow... "My soul is full of longing for the secrets of the sea" So true!!!



This is another swap tip in from Pam C. The fish are so awesome. The are embossed and have great colors and dimension. She added the quote from J.F. K. "We are tied to the ocean... And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch. we are going back to whence we came. I could not agree more!



Here is one more swap tip in page and this one is from Heather. What a great collage. I love the colors and the fun fish! I feel very blessed to be with such a great group and love all the wonderful pages I am collecting for this journal.

I will have more to share as I fill up my journal and fill in more of my own pages.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great week.

Amanda

No comments: